Lemon + Blueberry Cupcakes


A couple weeks ago we had a church activity for the ladies titled, "Cupcake Wars" -- which was basically everybody bring cupcakes, we all eat them, we all go home with different cupcake titles, because we all won.  I won the "Cupcake to write home about" award.  It was a super fun, sugary night.

I decided to stick with my "thing" and go with a new lemon cupcake recipe.  I saw many, many fabulous looking ones.  I had a little trouble deciding which one to do, but I decided to try the Lemon and Blueberry cupcakes by Annie's Eats... because I also really love blueberries.



The recipe was pretty basic, (which is part why I made these).  I did, however, buy cake flour, which was a first for me.


They turned out really tastey, a perfect blend of lemon and blueberry.  You can't see in my photos, but there are blueberries at the bottom of those cupcakes.

Aaand, my frosting could use some more work...they don't quite look like Annie's, but I'm sure they tasted just as good.


Go here for the full recipe.

Comments

Stephanie said…
Hi: I enjoy your cute blog! Could you tell me about the Cupcake War activity you had -I need to do something like that for the sisters I am over! How was it presented and what not?? Thanks. Stephanie
KT said…
WHY don't you live next to me?????
@ Stephanie:

We all brought our cupcakes and put them on a long table, upon our arrival. Then we added a label with our cupcake's name, on our dish. Then we sat down and someone from our Ward presented three ideas on cupcake decorating-- she had taken a caking decorating class before. While that was happening the YW of our ward were grabbing one of each of our cupcakes and taking them into the kitchen for sampling so they could hand out the awards. After the presentation we sisters, all got up and tried as many cupcakes as we could. There were knives all over, so we could cut in halves and fourths and try lots. As we ate and gabbed the YW returned and handed out the awards to everyone who brought cupcakes, a paper certificate and a hand sewn hot pad. It made for a really lovely night.

Popular Posts