A Look at our Girl's Camp Crafts

So we did it.  We can all check Go To Girl's Camp off our Summer to-do list!

As you may remember I was in charge of the crafts this year.

We made Luminaries and headbands.  

They really turned out fantastic!!

I wanted to share a bit of the photos from the Big day(s)!  Technically I ended up going up there twice, but only busted the camera out the second day.  The first day I was running around like a crazy woman trying to help everyone.

First, here's a look at the youth finishing off their Luminaries.  
Day one, everyone pretty much got their stencils drawn, cut out, and sprayed the gloss on their jars.  Quite a few of the girls learned that if you put too heavy a coat it looks goopy.  Two light coats are better than one thick one!



Day two, everyone peeled off the stencils and added the wire.  Which, I might add is no small task.  Team work was often the key here.



But the girls knew a good place for help. 
 (below) He alone probably made half the girl's handles.


Here I am, below struggling along.  I made about four handles and worked up quite the sweat each time.


I had to laugh as one of the girl's sat down and just went to town and made her handle in like 30 seconds flat.  I marveled and told her, "Wow, you must have experience working with wire."

She shrugged and said, "Not really.  But I do build fences and work a lot with barbwire."

Ha, ha, no wonder she was a natural!

Here are some of the Luminaries all done.  Aren't they great!

I wasn't there for testimony, but I heard all the girls brought theirs and it was fantastic looking!


The headbands were really self directed.  I had print outs of all the directions and the girls just came and helped their selves and made some really cute headbands!

Here they are chatting and working.  Isn't that the best way to do crafts?




I have only a couple finished projects.  Here's a headband made into a bracelet.


And two cute headbands.



 Girl's camp was So fun! 
 It's such a special place and I'm so glad I was able to be a part of it this year!

Comments

Popular Posts