How to Make a No-Sew Gryffindor Patch


 

My oldest son is going to be Harry Potter this year. 
 For those with a keen memory, you might remember that he was Harry Potter when he was one and a half years old. 
 Ahh, he was so cute!


The first robe and patch I made him was cute, though I knew I could do a little better this time around.


For a more authentic look, I checked Google for a great looking Gryffindor Crest and found this one.

Upon looking at it, it got the wheels spinning and I knew I could make this out of felt and have it look really good.

Here's how to make your own!

Materials Needed

1. Red, Yellow, Black, and Gray thick felt pieces, off the bolt works best
3. Printed off Gryffindor paper
4. Sharpie
5. Hot glue gun (optional)

STEP ONE: Print off your Gryffindor crest patch.
I did mine in black and white and referred to the actual picture on my I-pad for the color references.


STEP TWO: Gather felt materials and apply Heat'n Bond, as directions indicate.



STEP THREE: Cut crest out and trace outline onto heat'n bond paper.


STEP FOUR: Cut out each piece, turn them backwards and trace them onto the heat'n bond paper. 
Make sure it's backwards, so you have the pieces going in the right direction when you cut them out later.
 Make sure you label each piece so you remember where it goes.
For example, "RM = Right Middle" "LT= Left Top"


STEP FIVE: Cut out each piece, one at a time. 
Peal off Heat'n Bond paper.  Apply felt, bond side down, in place.  Iron down for 20 seconds.


STEP SIX:  Continue repeating step five, building from bottom to top.  
Do not iron, until everything is in place, exactly where you want it.



STEP SEVEN: Looking at the real image, add in all the details with a Sharpie


Your Gryffindor Patch is All done!



Once completed, add it to your robe, iron in place.  Because my patch had been ironed so many times, it didn't quite seem as strong, so I added a little hot glue, to keep everything in place.


For the full Harry Potter look, check this out!



Comments

Popular Posts