Another Building Block Dress

I feel like the unofficial spokesman for Oliver + S.  These lovely sewing patterns seems to take the majority of my blog posts as late.  But what can I say...I love their patterns and it is becoming almost all I sew now days.

So, this little girl went and turned one year older and wiser, too.  It's hard to believe!

Wasn't it just yesterday I had sewn her this dress and this dress for her birthday?



This year I decided for her birthday dress I would start with the building block dress and then take elements of the fairy tale dress that I liked...mix them all together and make...this dress!



I did a biased face neckline, long cap sleeves, I put it darts (a little too long-- I wish I would have made them shorter), I did three box pleats in the front for the skirt, made some gold piping and added this lovely gold bias-tape to the hem of the skirt.  The dress is also fully lined with an invisible zipper in the back.


It turned out pretty darn cute.

Here she is with sister.  I did not sew sister's dress...but I totally could with the building block dress pattern.  


Happy Birthday, my dear, sweet, feisty girl.  We love you!!


Comments

Popular Posts