How to Make a Simple Photo/Wood Plaque

Each year for Valentine's day I make my husband some sort of photo gift of the kids and myself for his office.  Some years I've been more simple sending him a collaged picture.  One time I had the kids paint some triangles to add to a mat for a frame. One year I made "super hero cards". Some years I've painted a hand and put a picture with it.  Last year I think I just took a photo and put it in a frame.

This year I wanted to try something new.  I bounced around a couple of ideas using photos and canvases or construction paper...finally I settled on photos on wood!


This was one of those rare super simple projects that was very fast, yet turned out so cute!

MATERIALS NEEDED
1. A piece of wood, mine was about 12 1/2 inches long.  The wood I used was left-over from another project, so it was already stained and sanded.
2. One frame hanger
3. Two photos with the words "We" and "You!" added on.
4. Mod Podge
5. Red paint

STEP ONE:  Measure your wood and nail in the frame hanger.


STEP TWO: Print off pictures with "We" and "You!" printed on them.
Gather supplies.

STEP THREE: Mod Podge the back of each photo and center them on the wood.  
Use one thin layer.


STEP FOUR: Paint on a red heart.  I did two layers so make it nice and thick.  Let the project dry about an hour.

STEP FIVE:  Once your heart is dry, add mod podge across the entire project.  
I added two thin layers.  Let project dry with about 10 minutes between coats.

All done!  Hang it on your wall!

This project was so cute and so fast.  

My husband loved it.  When he got it he promptly hung it in his office at work and took a picture to show me.


Hope you all had a Happy Valentine's day!

Comments

Popular Posts